Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Books from shops?

It may not seem like anything out of the ordinary, especially for someone like me, who will read almost anything I get my hands on. But yesterday I went into an actual bookstore and bought books. Normally I buy them online because it's cheaper (or Big W and Kmart). I source them from both within Australia and from the UK. It was good to go into a store and browse through the books on the shelves and buy books and authors I've never heard of to see what they're like. I even bought a book of selected poetry from a poet I studied in Year 12 at school, my English teacher would be so proud.

It was the highlight to my day, which included a doctors appointment to get a new prescription, a trip to Transport SA to change my name and address on my licence, and then as I got home and started the dishwasher and washing machine the power went out. Oh joy. But it came back on in time for me to cook dinner.

Our housewarming last weekend was good fun. It was great to catch up with everyone that was able to make it. Luckily it was fairly easy to clean up the next day. Glasses in the dishwasher, rubbish into bags, empty bottles in for refund & recycling. I'm getting the hang of this dishwasher business.
This is really quite a trivial post.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely trivial. Yay! Your drivers license matches who you are!

    ReplyDelete