Sunday, October 10, 2010

The joys of customer service part 2

On the flipside, there are also clients that I love to see; ones that I will gladly stop what I'm doing to assist them. I will mention a couple in particular. His name is Lucky (yes, for real, that's his name) and he's a painter. There's nothing in particular that stands out about him, except he is so incredibly friendly, and his books are immaculate. For a tradesman (I'm generalizing here) he is very neat and very well-spoken.

The other is John (a good Greek name, that one) and he is excavator. I don't know what I did, but one day he came in and dropped back his signed documents and paid his account in cash (also another good Greek thing to do). But then he handed me a $50, saying for my help. I've never actually been given a tip before, so I didn't know what to do, and tried to give it back to him several times. He told me not to tell anyone, but the first thing I did was tell my manager, who said it was perfectly OK to keep. The most amazing thing about that was the timing. I was flat broke that week, after all of my expenses. And so the $50 allowed me to put a full tank of petrol in my car.

I wish all of our clients were so pleasant to deal with, and as easy as Lucky and John. I'm sure I will have most stories at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment