Monday, April 4, 2011

26 days and counting

It has been almost a month since I've last blogged, and I've done a lot. Apologies for my laziness.

In March:
Over the long weekend we went up to Renmark to catch up with Gretel and just relax. It was a wonderful weekend. I even played the keyboard at the church service in Paringa, which was fun. It was amusing to watch the pages blow over from the air-conditioning, albeit annoying. I was glad when someone turned off the wind in our direction, but it got hot quickly. Jesse, Robin & Luke managed to catch 200 carp on Sunday afternoon in 2 hours and subsequently kill them. It was more than a bit gross. I don't know how many they killed over the entire weekend. But I enjoyed relaxing in the sun, reading, and making delicious food with Gretel for dinners.

Saturday 19th Jesse and I attended a Huck's Day for Matt & Ash (Jesse is in Matt's wedding and Matt is in ours). There was go-karting, 10 pin bowling, and then a BBQ and drinks out at Matt's place. It was a wonderful night, even with Jesse and Matt drinking far too much alcohol. Unfortunately I was sick with a cold and reflux to be able to drink any alcohol.

On Saturday the 26th Jesse and I held our Buck's and Hen's celebrations. He went paintballing then to Luke's farm for BBQ dinner, drinks and mischief. After a hair and make-up trial in the morning I went to Warrawong Wildlife Park, and for a walk and afternoon tea, then out to dinner, then to Fumo Blu for cocktails! I had such a wonderful night, despite being sick as my reflux was difficult to ignore. In the end I had to call it an early night, and we went back to my place to watch a movie at 12.30pm. But while we were in town we found and played 2 of the Street Pianos (www.streetpianos.com/adelaide2011) and snapped a few pictures which was wonderful.

And now it's April and our wedding date is looming. 26 days today, less than 4 weeks to go. I feel organised, which is wonderful. I picked up our 'bonbonniere' on the weekend (so happy with them!) and have a time to confirm details with the florist. I've got the majority of the RSVPs back, and have started putting together the seating plans. I have no idea if I'll remember to, or have time, to post before the wedding. I would hope so, but never underestimate my laziness and ability to procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment