Monday, November 14, 2011

OCD

It is both amusing and frustrating to watch someone with obsessive compulsive tendencies. I can see how it effects work productivity, but I don't want to say anything for fear of offending them, especially because the quality of work produced is great. I know they could work faster, though, if they didn't obsess over everything being perfectly straight, lined up to the millimeter. I'm not sure if they notice me watching as they tap on in-trays and tape dispensers, but I see and hear it. The only real issue I have with it is when we're clearly busy, yet lining things up seems to take a priority.

My dilemma is: do I say something? To them, to the manager?

I also wish to mention that Jesse is currently a pirate. He has somehow grazed his eye (how do you do that??) and is now wearing an eye patch. It amuses me more than it worries me.

1 comment:

  1. Neat dilemma you've got going there. If the order is broken, will they be able to do any work at all? Will they be so bothered by the three millimetres the stapler is out of place that they wind up putting a fist through the computer, or will they simply spend all their time looking from the work back to the misaligned stationary, thereby not getting much work done anyway?
    Good luck. It might be a matter of negotiating what you can all live with.

    ReplyDelete