Sunday, April 22, 2012

Honey Pumpkin & Couscous Salad

I love trying new recipes. I was never much into cooking until I moved out of home over 3 years ago, then it became a necessity. And so I have learned to enjoy cooking (mostly) and trying different things from the various recipe books I have bought and been given.  This is something I made for dinner tonight and it was delicious!

Honey Pumpkin & Couscous Salad

Ingredients:
600g pumpkin, peeled & chopped (small pieces)
1 red onion, sliced
2 Tbs honey
1 cup couscous
20g butter
3Tbs flaked almonds
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 180*C
1) In a bowl, place pumpkin, onion, honey and a good splash of olive oil. Toss to combine. Place on a baking tray to roast for 30 minutes.

2) Meanwhile, place couscous and butter in a bowl. Pour over 250ml boiling water and cover tightly for 10 minutes. Fluff once or twice then cover again for 5 minutes.

3) Add the pumpkin mixture to the couscous with slightly toasted flaked almonds. Toss and enjoy.

My notes:
Maybe I cut the pumpkin too big, but it needed 40 minutes to roast properly - keep this in mind. I also forgot to add the almonds, but it was still delicious!
I served it with lamb chops, and it would feed 3 people comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment