Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chilli-caramelised pork on cucumber salad

I have made this amazing recipe twice now and it is delicious and easy! Less than 30 minutes from start to finish (if I don't get distracted by the TV).

Chili-Caramelized Pork on Cucumber Salad photoIngredients:
1 tablespoon sesame oil
750g pork fillets/steaks
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 mild red chilli, seeded & chopped
1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
2/3 cup (125g) brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice

Cucumber salad:
2 cucumbers, thinly sliced (my note: I peeled them into think strips)
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup coriander leaves (my note: I didn't use mint or coriander leaves. Instead I added about 1/2 cup of baby spinach)

Method:
Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan or wok over high heat. 
Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. 
Remove pork and set aside.
Reduce the heat to low and add the ginger, chilli, soy, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice to the pan. (my note: I mixed these together beforehand to make it easy to add all at once)  
Stir to dissolve the sugar and then simmer for 8 minutes or until thickened. 
Add the pork and toss in the sauce to coat.
Serve with the cucumber salad. (Serves 4)

I need to credit this delicious recipe to the amazing Donna Hay. Her recipes are amongst my favourites, and some of the easiest to follow. If you haven't already, check her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment