Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Addictions, demons, and angry clients

I am addicted to Facebook. I admit that. I cannot start my day without logging on and know what has happened while I slept and I cannot help but log on just before I go to bed. I don't think it is a bad addiction. If I don't have internet for a couple days I don't feel the withdrawal until I get online and think of what I may have missed in the last couple days.

We all have our own personal demons that we face on a daily basis. Whether or not we choose to recognise them and deal with them is up to each individual. I go through so many emotions each and every day that I often ignore my demons and they tend to go away. But it is when I dwell on my demons that they really begin to take over and steer my thoughts in the wrong direction.

What doesn't really help the situation is when, at 4.45pm a client rings up and virtually abuses me about something I had spoken to her about just a few days earlier. And yes, we did make a mistake, but that is no reason to yell at me! While yes, it was so close to the end of the day, it put me in a sour mood.

I guess we all go through things that aren't easy, but whether or not we let them get to us and become our demon is what makes us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment