Wednesday, January 28, 2009

hot, Hot, HOT!!

OK, so I notice on Facebook the majority of the status' are of this heat wave we are going through. Well I don't blame people! It was 45C after all today. It is one of those times where I am incredibly glad that I work in an air conditioned office.

I don't know how I am going to get to sleep tonight. I have a feeling I'll be going back to the bathroom to grab a cold facewasher and keep that by my bedside. And have the fan going all night...again.

The receptionist at work had been doing better the last couple days but today, without Nick (our boss) around, she just didn't seem as productive. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's because Nick was back in Perth she just didn't prioritize and get stuff done. So when 5.20pm rolled around there was a mad rush to get all the mail ready to be posted out. We'll see how she goes for the rest of the week and when Nick gets back next Thursday I'm pretty sure he'll want a decision.

But until then I have other things to think about - like our Perth office. Internet has been down now for 5 working days and we are having to pick up some of the slack. But one person I am really worried about is my manager. She is really struggling and doesn't know how much more she can take. Her son (late 30's) has had cancer now for 3 years and he has to undergo a new lot of treatment. Her husband is undergoing surgery tomorrow for his third kidney stone. and her daughter (40, I think) has to put up with a husband who doesn't understand what it means to be a father to his two little boys (18 months & 4 months) because he still wants to go out in this heat! It just frustrates me when people don't stop to think of others like this - especially two gorgeous little boys!!

I think that's enough for tonight. The laptop is really making my legs all sweaty, I need to turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment