Sunday, May 24, 2009

Writer's Block

I have been wanting for some time now, to be able to write something. Not a blog, but a story. I haven't really been able to write anything since I finished college and started working, and it's upsetting for me, as it was quite a big part of who I am. Even though I rarely ever finish a story, I'm struggling to even write any short prose. I'm enveying Gretel who has written a few good poems lately.

This weekend for me has felt lonely. Friday night I didn't go home with Jesse and stayed in the city because Gretel and Rosie were supposed to be home...but with Gretel sick they spent the night in Elizabeth. Then Saturday arvo/night we went bowling and had dinner with a few friends, but people pulled out at the last minute and it was kinda upsetting but I suppose they had their reasons. I didn't end up going clubbing as I was tired and only Luke was free to go with and I just didn't have the energy. (And Jesse had already left, and he was the only one I really wanted to spend time with) Sunday, Rosie had left before I got up, and I didn't have any real human contact until I got to Rage tonight. It was good to catch up with Gretel, and I'm glad she's feeling better today. But tonight I am on my own again...Rosie is staying in Lobey again as it's convenient for work tomorrow, which is fair enough.

The thing that surprises me though, is that, although I know full well my alarm is going to go off at 6.45am I am still awake. My mind doesn't want to shut itself down, and I am forcing myself to write all this down so I can get it out and perhaps tire myself into sleep.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment