Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little unsatisfied

Unsatisfied. That is what I have been feeling. I can't believe it's taken me this many weeks to figure it out! Despite what I have in my life I still don't feel like it is enough, that I am content and satisfied.

But why?

I have a wonderful and loving boyfriend.
I have a secure and interesting job.
I have a loving and caring family and network of friends.

So what is missing in my life?

One major thing I have noticed in the past few months is my ability to write. It just hasn't been there. I have lost my inspiration and imagination to write, despite the fact that I would love to be able to.

I have pushed myself back into reading, as opposed to watching quite so much TV, and I hope that this will work and open my mind back up to the endless possibilities that I can create.

I'm hoping that this will also be the answer to my somewhat dull weekends. I did have plans for tonight and yes, it is my own fault that I cancelled them, but I knew I would not have the stamina for a night on the town and I would be a downer. But what to do with the time I now have? I have finished the series of books I was reading (The Sookie Stackhouse novels, can't remember the author at the moment, brilliant though), and I cannot write. Facebook and Evony can only take up so much of my time before they too become boring and uninteresting.

I'm hoping that my discontent and unsatisfaction with my life is based around my writing. It would make the problem so easy to fix. The only problem is, where to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment