Sunday, June 27, 2010

21st Celebrations

Last night I celebrated my 21st birthday. My actual birthday isn't until Wednesday, but who has a party on a Wednesday night!

It was such an awesome night! It was fantastic to see everyone dressed up and enjoying themselves. Mum and Dad did a great job organising and cooking and running the show, I can't thank them enough! Sadly my costume did not come together as well as I'd hoped (my teeth didn't stay in) but I thought I looked amazing enough =P

The night went off without a hitch (that I was aware of). By midnight we left the hall and went back to Jesse's for the unofficial 'after party'. That too went well, despite a few drunken antics. I would like to thank Tristan for keeping an eye on things, and Joel and Collie for being the 'responsible' ones. I went to bed about 2am (relatively early in the scheme of things) but late enough to see Jesse stumble around, knock things over, minorly injure himself and basically make a fool of himself. I was not impressed, but relieved that this time I was not the one to care for him - it was my 21st, the focus was supposed to be on me, and yet he seemed to become the centre of all the attention.

Perhaps there are hints of jealousy in there, but perhaps moreso of frustration. It's like he doesn't learn from the last time he drank that much, to say no, and not to drink whatever Tristan hands to you. You chastise me for drinking too much and suffering the consequences, and yet you continue to do so.

Anyway, I need to go to sleep, I'm exhausted after last night/cleaning up today. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. So very very true... I was likewise annoyed with them. With them both. With Luke too! I felt that it was your night, and while they didn't ruin it - they couldn't have - they took a little bit away by being drunk and stupid. I was cross.
    And yes, you did look fantastic, and I liked your dad's speech too, it was very sweet!

    ReplyDelete