Saturday, June 12, 2010

Time to Think

In the past week or so work has been nice and quiet, which has given me time to catch up on things. It has also given me way too much time to sit at my desk, mindlessly continue with my task, ad think about things. For me, this never ends particularly well.

On Monday I went with Mum and Rosie and had a look at a myriad of wedding dresses to see what style suited me. And we found a style that suited me...and several dresses. Problem: price tag. I know I'm probably thinking naively but I was hoping to get my dress for < $1000. The dresses I looked at generally started around $1500-1600 up to one I tried on for $3890! (It looked absolutely stunning, by the way.)

I wouldn't have too many issues spending $1500 on a particular dress I tried on in Cinderella. Problem: my bank account. It is my day, and my dress, so quite rightfully I should be the one to pay for my dress...yet I am beginning to wonder how. Lately my money has gone towards my 21st, and my tax refund will go towards my cruise holiday in August. My car needs to be serviced this month, and rego is coming up in September. And yes, while I may have the money there, I don't want to completely wipe out my savings to nothing in the process. I will need a safety net when Jesse and I move in together for any items we discover we don't have.

So my problem is this: do I buy a cheaper evening gown in white to use as my wedding dress or do I somehow find this extra money to buy the dress from Cinderella? Will I regret it? (Do I overthink these things?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment