Monday, June 7, 2010

The aftermath

Well, what a day yesterday was! I was so tired last night, and for good reason. It was Jesse & my Engagement Party...and it was so very wonderful!

The day started out lazily - I didn't end up getting out of bed until about 9, maybe 9.30. Got to 10.30 church. Mum called me pretty much 3 minutes after the service finished and said the family was meeting up for lunch at the Loby pub. So Jesse and I rushed there (rang and got mum to order for us), and had eaten and left within an hour. Coincidentally, we ran into a few of Jesse's co-workers who had also chosen to come to lunch there.

Anyway, then Jesse and I went back to his place and I got together the playlist for the afternoon. I was feeling quite rushed at this time...it was now 1.30, 1 hour till start time. I arrived at the hall at 2, and was glad to see it was finished and clean and looking quite good. The heaters worked wonderfully too, given how cold it was outside...but the weather held out!

But when people started arriving and I relaxed and just started mingling and talking to everyone (I hope I spoke to everyone!) it was amazing! I can't thank everyone enough for coming along and supporting us.

By the end of the afternoon I was exhausted, and somewhat glad to see the end of the party. After packing up and managing to fit all of the gifts into the back of the best man's Corolla we went back to mum and dad's to open them. I was so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity, I had not expected anything like this. Jesse and I are beginning to wonder now what we will actually need before our wedding!

But now I am off to go dress shopping with Mum and one of my bridesmaids, then lunch with my Dad cos it's his birthday tomorrow. Then my passport application interview!

Thank you again for everyone for coming along and supporting us, it was a wonderful afternoon! I appreciate every single one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment