Sunday, August 1, 2010

Disconnected

I did have a thought about this, but it's now slipped my mind. Work has been stressful the last week, and yes, I did get rid of my original ulcer, but now I have another one...and it is waaay more painful (on the side of my tongue).

Went out to dinner last night for the Hills 18+ event...it was average. The reputation of the Stirling Hotel is overrated, and bad service + bad weather + power outage = average night. I won't be going back, that's for sure.

I feel like I haven't spent much time with Jesse lately. He was on call this weekend, and had a job booked on Saturday. So from 11am until just after 5pm we didn't see each other. Then that night we went out to dinner, which as I mentioned above, was average. Jesse was already in an anti-social mood, and so the whole experience didn't really improve the situation. We managed to survive the drive home, during which we encountered lightning, wind, lots of rain, and plenty of aquaplanes. Thank God Jesse was driving and not me.

Today Jesse and I had a brief look at a house in Bridgewater - not really suitable for us, and then he went with Joel to the Caravan and Camping show. And so in the last 2 days I don't feel like I've spent more than about 4 hours with Jesse. I may just be venting now, but one thing in the last 2 days that has been frustrating me is whenever I message Jesse asking a question, he doesn't respond. It takes a phone call to him to confirm with him that yes, he did get the message, and get an answer from him. Just a little annoying.

BUT! Enough venting. Two more weeks and I'll be on a cruise ship drinking cocktails and relaxing and enjoying myself with friends, I'm getting excited!

2 comments:

  1. I would kill a litter of puppies to go on a cruise and relax for awhile 0.o

    ReplyDelete