Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pre-holiday Blog

Well, seeing as it's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted I thought I should say something before I disappear to the soth-west Pacific this weekend!

Work last week was incredibly stressful for me. My workload fell behind, and obviously things were overlooked. And so my boss took away a couple of responsibilities from me. This week has been cruisy - am pretty much up to date with eveything, ready for my holiday.

Which brings me to last night. Jesse has had the most trying 2 weeks at work, and I am amazed at his ability to cope and deal with the stress. It was at 10.30 last night that we finally finished packing and got back to my place. After winding down it was after 11 when we fell asleep. His alarm went off at 4.20AM! He got up and had a shower, and I lay in bed, thinking I should probably get up...but it was cold! But I got myself up, pulled on something kind of acceptable to wear outside the house, and drove to the airport. I dropped him off in plenty of time (just after 5am) and drove home and went back to bed.

I then slept through my alarm (first time ever this has happened) but woke up when I heard Rosie get into the shower. Oh well. I got up, had breakfast, waited for the bathroom to be free, had a shower, dressed, brushed my teeth, vomited up breakfast, brushed my teeth, and went to work. I had the best run to work so I stopped by the cafe for coffee. And now I'm feeling a little better after keeping down my lunch, but I couldn't eat much of it.

On Saturday I get to do it all again - get up at 4.20am to get myself to the airport so I can fly to Brisbane and board the Pacific Dawn to the south Pacific islands. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment