Tuesday, August 31, 2010

*sigh* back at work

Well, it's been well over a week since my holiday, and I'm a little disappointed in myself that I haven't yet made another post. But I've been wondering if I can even fit a week's worth of adventures into a blog post. I had an AMAZING time!! Even though I was sea sick for the first 2 days I managed to find tablets that worked and have a great time relaxing, joining in with some of the activities, and best of all, spend time on the islands.

We make 3 stops. Numea, New Caledonia. Lifou in the Loyalty Islands. And Vila, Vanuatu. We were only in Numea for 3 daylight hours, after which we decided it was a good idea to get back on the boat, the city got a bit ghetto.

Lifou was beautiful! We went swimming, had a massage, Jesse and Bron went snorkling, and I relaxed in the shade of the palm trees.

The day in Vila was the only day we had bad weather. It wasn't cold, but it rained. All day. Jesse, Bron and I did a little shopping in the markets my the port, then dropped our stuff back on the boat. Walking back into the quarantine area the air conditioning was freezing! I never thought I would hate airconditioning! After dropping our stuff off we went to our shore tour - we went snorkling. It was the first time I'd been snorkling, and it was such good fun!

For everything I did you should probably have at a look at my Facebook photo album, it's hard to try and put thoughts together.

The last two nights I've been inspired to write, and I've written (hand-written, mind you) about 6 pages towards my novel. I'm giving myself a 2 year deadling to try and finish it. (If you want a sneak peak/critique I can email you what I have so far.) Wish me luck!

Oh, and before I sign off for the night, shout out to Peter, who admitted to reading my blog. I'm glad I'm not just talking to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment