Sunday, December 12, 2010

Breaking the Habit

Friday night I took a step towards cleaning up my life and getting rid of time wasters and distractions. I deleted all of the time based applications from my Facebook account - meaning I do not have to log on each day/certain times. I have kept a couple random games apps for when I'm really bored, but I will try to play them as little as possible. I have since gone through and deleted all of the randoms I added to unlock features and enhance the game play of these applications.

I chose a good time to do so as this weekend I have not spent much time where I was even able to access my computer/internet. I had a ball Christmas shopping with Ali on Saturday, and then out to dinner to catch up with Gretel and other friends that night. (I can recommend the Balhannah Hotel - delicious food!) Sadly that night the Subway I had for lunch disagreed with me, and I was unable to go to a baptism Sunday morning. So after getting up nice and early to try and make a 9am service in McLaren Vale I went back to bed and got up again at 11am. I went out to lunch for the Commuserv Christmas party. I probably ate too much (but the food was yummy) and tonight I'm feeling much better.

My aim is to try and free myself from thinking about Facebook while I'm unable to access the computer, and not worry about feeding animals or crops or missions or any of it! I want to use the time to read or blog more or perhaps *gasp* write!

I felt accomplished when I came home tonight. I put together a clothes airer that I bought the other night from Ikea. All by myself! I felt proud, even if it's nothing major.

But I shall be off for now. 8.5 more days of work and I'm on holidays for 2 whole weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment