Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello Summer, where is my sunshine?

Well, it has been a while since I update this. As I write this, on a cold and rainy first day of summer, I can't believe how quickly this year has passed. I know it's such a cliché, but every year at this time I wonder where the months have disappeared to, and if I can join them. There are only 3 weeks tomorrow until we break up for the year at work, which is crazy to think about...but I can't wait for my holidays!

Having a look back on the month of November I can't say it wasn't eventful. Jesse and I have been looking at various places in which we could live. But now, with Rosie having to move back home (*sadface* due to work scheduling) we will be staying in my current unit until at least after our wedding (5 months yesterday!!).

Let's see...this month for wedding things I have started looking at and have gotten quite a few quotes for limos. And I've pretty much organised flowers (yay!). January will *hopefully* be productive for me. I will be taking my dress to the dress-maker for alterations, and *hopefully* making the invitations ready to be posted out in February. I'm also quite annoyed that I never heard back from the glass printing place. After our initial phone call where he said he would email me samples I got nothing. I emailed again and still have gotten no response. This was a while ago so I really need to follow up, but he said no rush, it takes about 6-8 weeks so I have plenty of time, but I want to order in Jan/Feb.

So I'm trying to think of what to buy for Christmas presents, especially for Jesse (anyone got any ideas???). Thanks to Ali I can cross my parents and brothers off my list, they're all sorted =)

Oh, and one other 'big' thing that happened this month - due to 'cost cutting' Dad has been offered a redundancy package from work, so he finished up at the bank yesterday after 32 years of service (that's right, Dad was only 17 when he started there!). So I caught up with him for lunch on Monday as he had an interview in town with a recruitment agency to help him find a new job. Until then, he is unemployed (I never thought I'd say that about my dad!)

Over and out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment