Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cleaning

Well, only 3.5 more days to go before I'm on holidays!! This week has flown by, and I like to think it's been productive.

I had a blast on Thursday night in particular. It was Fumo Blu's 10th birthday, and so there were free drinks from 7pm-9pm for those who were invited. Luckily Jesse works with one of the owners. I was only slightly hungover when I went to work on Friday. I felt a little worse for wear in the morning but after lunch I was perfectly fine.

Saturday Dad, Bradley and I picked up my new fridge and took it, my bookcases and TV cabinet to my unit. It's slowly coming together. After we put in the fridge and bookcases and Dad left I spent the next 3 and a bit hours setting up, sorting and cleaning. I filled 6 shelves with books, and found so many random ones lying around my room because I had no where to put them. I've got a big pile of things to throw out, and another pile to donate to the salvo's. Unfortunately they will sit there for a bit as with Christmas I won't be around to put the bins out. My next task is to find a dining room setting.

I also feel proud because I was an inspiration to one of my Facebook friends. She saw my post on Facebook and commented that after hearing of my success she was inspired to sort out her own room. Yay! Normally I'm the first one to procrastinate and de-motivate, so this is something new =)

Today (Sunday) I went to lunch with my family, to say goodbye to my cousin Jordan and his wife Amy as they left today for a 6 month trip backpacking around Europe. They've been planning it for a while, so it means they will miss our wedding, but I think they're going to try and organise an internet feed or something. But I wish them all the best, and can't wait to see pictures and hear all of their stories! It is such a wonderful journey for them to take early in their marriage.

This week is a short one - we finish on Thursday at 1pm and have a staff lunch before we say goodbye and best wishes until we see each other again on 10 January. I'm getting very excited as I want holidays.

I can't guarantee the timing of another post so I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment