Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I don't think I've ever really gotten the concept of New Years Resolutions, but then again, I was never a real goal-setter. I think I set a resolution one year to publish my story. As the year progressed I realised that my story wasn't ready, nor could I afford the editing or self-publishing. Part-way through this year I decided to expand on a short story I wrote end of high school. I gave myself a 2 year deadline. I was dedicated for a couple weeks, and since then I have not found the motivation to turn my 10-page story 'summary' into a full length novel.

Perhaps that is my problem - my motivation. I think it shows through in my wedding planning too. I get a few things done, and then don't think about it for a month...which will probably end up for the worse. It just feels odd when people ask me how the wedding planning is going. Well, chose venues and booked for the reception, did that in June; chose, paid off and picked up my dress; chose bridesmaid dresses; decided on type of flowers; bought everything to make the invitations; decided on 'bonbonniere'; looking at quotes for car hire. What can I really say about it? I haven't really done a lot. I don't understand why people would stress so much about this? Or is it just me?

I think the only part of the wedding I just can't decide on is the honeymoon destination - and technically Jesse is supposed to be organising that.

But but to my original thought - perhaps I should make a resolution for next year - to be more motivated, and set goals, and actually follow through with them. How long do you think I'll last?

2 comments:

  1. A resolution to be resolute? How deliciously ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenge to Amy:

    Make a goal-setting chart... now! Long-term, medium-term and short term goals.

    And do it as soon as you read this so you can't possibly procrastinate. Not even waiting until the new year counts as an excuse. Now!

    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete