Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Natural Disasters

OK, so I was going to make this blog post about the productiveness of my last week of holidays, but I think I will take a moment to look at what is happening in my country.

In Vic/NSW we had summer snow over Christmas. In WA we have floods, and a bushfire destroying homes and livelihoods. In QLD we have floods, flash floods, and what has been described as an 'inland tsunami' making it's way further south towards NSW, damaging and even destroying anything in it's path, including the state's capital city. I have been following the flood news since it began back in late December, and all that seems to happen is it's getting worse. It keeps raining, and there doesn't seem to be any relief.

I would encourage those who would, to pray and give spiritual support to those who have lost everything. Also, here is a link if you would like to make financial support to help them rebuild everything when the waters eventually recede. http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

No comments:

Post a Comment