Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Again!! I love you Jesse!

OK...so I sit down to eat my dinner and I get a message from my darling boyfriend saying he's on his way to hospital because he's choking...again! Not as serious as last time - no blood, so I'm assuming no serious damage to his osophegus. But he's now on a clear fluid diet tomorrow and coloured fluids a day or two after before progressing to soft foods. This happened previously, almost 3 years ago when I was in year 12 when he actually made a gash on his osophegus and he is getting tests tomorrow to see if there is scar tissue or something else slightly blocking the path of his food down to his stomach as he has noticed changes in his gag reflex since that incident.

Anyway. what to think about this. First of all, I am glad to know instead of only finding out 2 hours later that he was even taken to hospital, and that time was far more serious! But I really don't know what to feel. I know he is going to be OK - he's not going to die. there is no threat of that. I am worried about the weight he is going to lose being on the liquid diet, it was quite dramatic last time but at least this time he has slightly more weight on him - but he has to be careful not to become underweight.

I guess perhaps for now I should try and get some sleep. It is a bit after midnight and I need to be at work at 8.30. But I should mention now that the Perth office got their internet back up and running today! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment