Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Engaged!

Well, as I'm sure you will have heard by now, either by Facebook or personal phone call, Jesse and I are engaged!! Despite how long I have been waiting for this it still hasn't sunk in.

But I guess you all want the story of the proposal. There are a few players in this story, and I am the only one who was oblivious to everything.

Rosie decided about 8 that we would go out for gelati in about a half hour. I was a little surprised, given the coldness of the night, but more than happy. I like doing spontaneous things with my housemate =) And I'm very glad that I did. We went to Cibo and sat and ate our gelati and then wandered down King William Rd. And guess what we were looking at? Wedding dresses! But not for me =P

After our little wander, during which Jesse rang me back from an earlier missed call saying he had to go to the church to fix something up. He mentioned to me he wasn't sure if he'd come up and stay over that night. I said we were out walking and would be home in about 20 minutes.

When I arrived home I realised I had forgotten my house keys. Rosie had left hers for Jesse to collect so he could let himself in. When Rosie realised this she said she 'had to ring Justin it was very important' (she rang Jesse). So he had to open the door for us.

I walked in and saw him kneeling on one knee holding the ring out. He said, "this isn't exactly as I had planned, but will you be my wife?" Behind him he had set up our dining room table with candles and flowers and champagne and a message in my journal: Amy Rohrlach will you be my wife? I was so overwhelmed by what I saw. On the eve of our 6 year anniversary he was kneeling before me offering himself to me forever. After what felt like a lot longer, I embraced Jesse and kissed him, thoughts spinning through my head. As he stood up I finally remembered I was supposed to answer the question he had asked me and I said yes.

When I put the ring on my finger I was so overjoyed, there was no other way to describe the pure happiness that I was feeling. I just could not stop hugging and kissing the man to whom I am now engaged.

I was so overwhelmed by everything it still hasn't quite sunk in fully. I guess when Jesse and I actually set a date and start planning it might all become real, I'm still on quite a high! I definitely did not sleep well that night, I was far too excited, and I think I managed 6 hours before heading to work the next morning.

I tried to take a picture of the ring to post it up here but it's really difficult to photograph something that reflects the light from the flash. When you see me I'll be more than happy to show you...and I'll figure out another way to take a photo as soon as I can!

From Amy Melissa soon-to-be-Sumner

Edited to add: I got a photo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment