Saturday, April 10, 2010

To be rescued

This topic has come up in a couple different blogs lately that I follow and it made me think.

One blog said: "
I am not the princess who sits alone in her tower, waiting for someone to rescue her. But I'd like a knight to come along, lend me a dagger, teach me to fight and then guard my back as we slay our dragons. But first he's gotta sneak past the guards."

I thought this was a brilliant way of putting it, and I think this is the most true in my life.

I think I am a romantic. I was 'rescued' when Jesse came into my life and started treating me like his princess. But we haven't been without our shares of dragons and tall towers to conquer. He has come in as the brave knight and has assisted in freeing me from the tall tower and past the dragon to the safety of his embrace.
awwwwwwww =P

To be rescued is something I believe I was made for. I'm not saying it's right for everyone, but for me it just felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment