Friday, April 2, 2010

Yay for writing

Here is what I was able to write this afternoon on my story. I know it doesn't end well but I just don't know what Natalya is feeling to be able to answer Dhampir's question. Enjoy.

--

When I came too I squinted, my eyes assaulted by the bright light. The air around me was cool, but not cold, I could feel the warmth of sunlight on my face, but it didn’t feel like the sunlight I was used to. There was the feel of something I couldn’t quite place in the air, like a sort of electricity or static. It didn’t feel dangerous, just different, and mysterious, but in a good way.


As my eyes adjusted to the light I looked around me. I was lying in a clearing in a forest. The grass was a bright, unnatural shade of green, and it was so very soft. I couldn’t place the type of trees surrounding the clearing, and they, too, seemed unnaturally bright and colourful, as if in a painting. A slight breeze swept through the clearing, rustling the bright green leaves on the trees, bringing with it the scent of something wonderful and sweet.


Where was I? And how did I get here?


My thoughts trailed back to what had happened before I blacked out. There was a voice, a cool, mesmerising voice who had spoken to me. What had they said? One word floated to the top of my mind.


Soren.


Soren needed me. But who was Soren? And why did he or she need me?


Despite my unfamiliar surroundings and the bizarre circumstances I felt strangely calm. I got slowly to my feet and scanned the boundary of the clearing, searching for any clues as to where I was and how I got here. I heard a rustling sound behind me and I spun on the spot. From out behind one of the trees came the most handsome man I had seen.


“Natalya,” he said, his voice capturing my full attention. “I am glad you are awake. My name is Dhampir. How are you feeling?”


No comments:

Post a Comment