Sunday, April 18, 2010

On my own again...

Well, I have been putting off this post for a few days now, but I suppose I should stop procrastinating. I am now snuggled up in bed with a heat pack and my laptop.

It turns out that our office assistant wasn't quite right for the job, so as of Thursday afternoon I am on my own again in the junior/reception/assistant position. Whoopie. And the hardest thing is now that it is BAS time (trust me, this is once a quarter and it is huge) and I have all the admin work to oversee as well as the BAS. I am glad that I have a competant co-worker in the BAS department. My boss went into hospital on Thursday and most likely won't be back in the office until this Thursday.

But that is work, and yes, it will be stressful for the next few weeks/months/however long it takes to find and train someone else, I will manage. I have a good team to work with, but this position seems to be cursed (and it's not just since I've been there).

On Friday night Jesse and I had a lovely dinner with Nathan and Jade at their house and it was just a nice ending to a not-so-nice week. It was good to hang out and chat catch up and be with another couple who aren't all couple-y (if you know what I mean). And perhaps it will encourage Jesse to take the next step...I think I'm dreaming here

Saturday was a wonderful picnic/bbq/hang out organised by Robin, and it was just such a beautiful day. The food was good, the company was good, the weather was perfect, and the only thing that wasn't good was when Jesse injured Gretel. Even being tackled to the ground by Jesse during a water fight was lots of fun!

I think the only thing I need to consider next time is just how much exercise hurts later that day/the next day. Gretel and I (as she couldn't run due to injury) decided to climb on the play equipment instead of play ultimate frisbee. My arms and upper body muscles are quite sore now, hence the heat pack mentioned earlier.

I did make one big step with Jesse this weekend. On the way back from Nathan and Jade's house I said that he needed to stop spending so much money so he could save for an engagement ring. It's all to do with his credit card. I explained that the only reason he got it in the first place was for purchases where he couldn't transfer the money from his cash management fund fast enough, and yet he has been using it in place of actually having the money, which is the credit card trap. So now the card is in my possession for emergencies only.

Well, I must stop my ramblings so I can get to sleep so I am all refreshed for work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment